Cover of: Letter to the stockholders of the Provincial Insurance Co. of Canada | Read Online

Letter to the stockholders of the Provincial Insurance Co. of Canada

  • 421 Want to read
  • ·
  • 68 Currently reading

Published by s.n.] in [Toronto? .
Written in English


  • Provincial Insurance Company of Canada.,
  • Insurance companies -- Investments.

Book details:

Edition Notes

Statementby A.M. Clark.
The Physical Object
Pagination1 microfiche (12 fr.).
Number of Pages12
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL21599799M
ISBN 100665624336

Download Letter to the stockholders of the Provincial Insurance Co. of Canada


Similarly, the solicitation of insurance policies by insurance agents is regulated under the Insurance Act R.S.O. c. I-8 and Ontario Regulation /04 Agents. As discussed below, the licensing or authorization of insurance agents and brokers under provincial or territorial legislation to offer insurance policies is relevant for GST/HST.   Once qualified as a federal insurance company or branch, the insurer will be required to obtain a license in each province in which it intends to carry on business. Generally, to attract licensing requirements, the provincial legislation contemplates that the insurer will have some kind of presence and/or carry on some insuring activities in. Property and casualty (P&C) insurance companies in Canada are regulated by federal and/or provincial regulators, called Superintendents of Insurance. Federally, the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) regulates the solvency and financial soundness of most P&C insurance companies.   The typical, generic annual letter that I read adds little to the numbers and sometimes obfuscates more than it illuminates. The best letters go beyond the numbers and help shareholders get a deeper understanding of the company, how it is performing and the decision-making process the management team employs.

Welcome to the SEDAR Web Site / Bienvenue au site Web SEDAR Français / English SEDAR Logo Welcome to the SEDAR Web Site / Bienvenue au site Web SEDAR Français / English SEDAR Logo. include extra-provincial licenses (allowing out-of-province corporations to operate in Ontario), and surrenders of charters. Use of letter patents ceased in Finding the letters patent: First, consult one of the following indexes to find the book and page number: Scenario Instruction. Book an appointment to visit a driver licensing office. A better, more affordable ICBC in As daylight hours decrease, be extra careful and yield to pedestrians. The mandate of the first directors begins on the date Corporations Canada issues the certificate of incorporation and ends at the first meeting of shareholders. At that first meeting of shareholders, the shareholders elect the corporation's directors. The shareholders can elect the first directors or elect other individuals. Organizational meeting.

  Closing a business in Canada is not difficult, but there are more steps than just informing customers and clients and liquidating remaining stock. You also need to cancel your business name or dissolve your corporation and close the relevant Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and provincial tax accounts. Otherwise, with no evidence to the contrary.   Federal incorporation may cost more. While the current filing fee for federal incorporation (filing Articles of Incorporation) is $ if filed online through Corporations Canada's Online Filing Centre, and the cost of a NUANS Name Search Report is approximately $75 per search, there may be additional fees resulting from the need to register your corporation extra-provincially and extra costs. Canadian company law concerns the operation of corporations in Canada, which can be established under either federal or provincial authority.. Federal incorporation of for-profit corporations is governed by Corporations Canada under the Canada Business Corporations of the Canadian provinces and territories also have laws permitting (and governing) the incorporation of corporations. For information on how to apply to Revenue Canada for charitable registration you may wish to contact your local Revenue Canada office which can be found in the blue pages of your telephone book or call the Charities Division in Ottawa at () , Toll - Free Below are relevant links to the CCRA web site.